Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Clothes don't make the man, the man makes the man: An article on racist dress codes



Back in 2011, I wrote an article in the Mansfield News Journal about several bars and clubs implementing, what many perceive to be, racist dress codes. One bar, in particular, was headed by a well-known racist. There were talks of this particular owner for years. There were rumors of him removing Hennessy from his inventory because he knew that more black people than white people drink Hennessy. There was another incident (10 months ago) involving the same owner. The issue, of course, was about him  closing down his establishment early because he had an influx of mostly black people entering his bar. Yet when I wrote an article exposing this guy's racist dress codes and his racist behavior in general, many of his minions and/or supporters verbally attacked me in the comment section of my article. They used all kinds of shaming tactics, etc. They called me a reverse racist; though there is no such thing as a reverse racist. A racist is a racist. They accursed me of playing the race card. which is nothing more than a shaming tactic to get me to stop talking about the race issue. Nevertheless, I maintained my position, and, in fact, I wrote another article  responding to the criticism and shaming tactics of those who wanted me to shut up and not tell the truth.

Here is the article:
                                                      



"From the outset, I want to make it very clear that I am against any form of discrimination. I don't care who it is (black or white). If any person uses sexist, racist and discriminatory implements, I will write about it. And one shall feel guilty if it sounds like I'm talking about him or her. Furthermore, using shaming language or tactics to get me to stop talking about race issue, gender issues and other issues that confront the human race will not deter my efforts or ability to address the forgoing issues. It will only amplify my position. 

Using shaming language or tactics, such as calling a person racist or sexist for addressing race issues and gender issues, will only manifest guilt complex of the party using the shaming language. The guilty party, however, will inevitably resort to using immature language and shaming tactics as they ooze with anger instead of logic. They, of course, do this behind a computer screen -- mind you. It's to be expected. Oh, yes. 

Moreover, to respond to the unenlightened commentators of my last letter, I do not subscribe to anyone playing the race card. I will expose anyone who is doing so. In addition, I will not apologize for telling the truth, nor will I condone discriminatory dress codes or discrimination, period. I do, however, agree that people should not have their pants sagging, showing their underwear. But white T's? Come on. That dress code is over the top for any club or bar that's not highly exquisite. Some establishments utilize stupid because they think that certain clothes are affiliated with gangsters and thugs. That's funny. And sometimes they utilize dress codes as an apparatus to detour certain people. So many people do this out of ignorance. Clothes don't cause drama; people cause drama through stupidity."

"Note: Gangsters wear suits and dressy clothes, too. Some of the biggest gangsters and pimps are in the U.S. government. You follow? The clothes don't make the man, you see? The man makes the man."

Now, let me ask the reader of this article some honest and important questions. If I say I don't want people who wear hunter's camouflage clothes to enter my establishment. Which people am I targeting? More than likely, I am targeting white males who are deemed as Hillbillies and rural white-males who love hunting. If I say I don't want women who wear red rubies on their foreheads to enter into my establishment. Which women am I referring to? More than likely, I am referring to Indian women. It is a well-known fact that difference races have difference cultures and/or traditions. And clothes, apparel, the way people dress, are usually associated with those cultures and/or traditions.

Thugs and gangsters, unfortunately, are a part of every race and are known to wear two-piece suits, urban clothes, tropical clothes, etc. You get the point. Gangsters and thugs dress universally. They don't dress a particular way. 

Dress codes in many clubs, bars, etc., are not meant to keep out thugs and gangsters. They are meant to restrict the culture of, and detour, certain races of people. Therefore, many dress codes, in essence, have a racist intent behind them. But racist personalities try to hide this fact. Racists don't like to be called racist. In fact,  many of them do not see themselves as racists. If we are going to deal with the race problem, we are going to have to start being honest. Now is a good time to start.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker